DLLDownloads.com offers you scan.dll at no charge and it’s one of the best web site to download almost any DLL file for windows systems. You may repair scan.dll missing or not found errors by downloading the scan.dll using this web page.
There will probably be various versions of scan.dll file that you can find at the bottom of this website in the download area. The new scan.dll file is a 32bit size that has a file size of about 0.46 MB uncompressed and 0.21 MB after compressing to .zip. The particular manufacturer responsible for the scan.dll is BitDefender Threat Scanner.
What’s scan.dll ?
DLL is known as Dynamic Link Library. scan.dll is a file containing computer code, resources and data which other applications are able to use at the same time. This means, DLLs offer a approach to modularize computer applications so that their functionality can be updated and used again by many other softwares. DLL’s also aid in reducing software size and memory footprint since most programs will be able to share the same program code located in a single DDL module or file like scan.dll.
How to Install scan.dll File and Repair Missing/Not Found Errors
- Once you have downloaded scan.dll, copy it to your application’s directory that’s reporting scan.dll missing or not found error.
- Make sure to download 32-bit dll file for your 32-bit os and a 64-bit one for your 64-bit operating system. The large majority of new Windows systems would likely be a 64-bit one.
- Try out operating the software all over again.
- When that does not solve the error, copy the scan.dll into the systems directory on this occasion. This may change among Operating-system versions. Here are some examples
- C:WINNTSystem32 (For Windows NT/2000)
- C:WindowsSystem (For Windows 95, 98, Me)
- C:WindowsSystem32 (For Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
- Well before replacing an existing file, make sure you take a back up just in case some thing fails.
- Reboot your pc and see if the error didn’t go away.
- In case the error continues, just go ahead and register the scan.dll in Windows registry. This can be accomplished with the “regsvr32” command prompt and giving the path of your scan.dll. It’s always recommended to run the application as an admin user.
- After you are done registering the scan.dll inside your Windows system’s registry, you must be ready to go. Reboot the computer yet again and you’ll not see scan.dll missing errors from now on.
You could follow the same above steps in order to repair scan.dll missing and not found errors in any of the Windows machines like Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or Windows XP, Vista and a lot more. Listed below on this webpage you can see 3 version(s) of the file scan.dll with their bit size along with file size. Depending on your Operating System along with bit size you can either download latest version or just a appropriate version for your Personal computer.