Free Download smphost.dll right from dlldownloads.com web site to resolve errors similar to smphost.dll is missing from the computer, failed to load smphost.dll, cannot find smphost.dll plus much more smphost.dll error’s. Up to date smphost.dll file is a 64bit size that has a file size of approximately 23 kb uncompressed and 9.9 kb after compressing to .zip. The actual software responsible for the smphost.dll is Storage Management Provider (SMP) host service.
What exactly is smphost.dll ?
DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library. smphost.dll is a data file which has code, resources and data that other programs can use on the other hand. That’s why, DLLs provide a option to modularize programs to ensure that their functionality can certainly be updated and reused by additional software programs. DLL’s also help to bring down software size together with memory footprint since several software applications will most likely share the same code included in a single DDL component or file such as smphost.dll.
How to Install smphost.dll File and Fix Missing/Not Found Errors
- Shortly after you have downloaded smphost.dll, copy it to your application’s directory which happens to be reporting smphost.dll missing or not found error.
- Ensure that you download 32-bit dll file for your 32-bit operating platform and a 64-bit one for any 64-bit computer system. The majority of latest Windows systems would likely be a 64-bit one.
- Try out running the software all over again.
- In the event it doesn’t solve the error, copy the smphost.dll in to the systems directory this time. This might differ between Operating-system versions. Here are some examples
- C:WINNTSystem32 (For Windows NT/2000)
- C:WindowsSystem (For Windows 95, 98, Me)
- C:WindowsSystem32 (For Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
- Well before replacing an existing file, you should take a file backup in the event that something goes wrong.
- Restart your computer and see if the error wasn’t solved.
- Just in case the error wasn’t solved, try to register the smphost.dll in Windows registry. You can accomplish this with the “regsvr32” command prompt and giving the path of your smphost.dll. It’s recommended to run the computer program as an administrator user.
- And once you’re taken care of registering the smphost.dll in the Windows system’s registry, you will be ready to go. Restart your pc yet again and you’ll not see smphost.dll missing errors any more.
You can follow the same above guidelines if you want to repair smphost.dll missing and not found errors in any of the Windows systems like Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or Windows XP, Vista and so on. Listed below on this website you’ll find 5 version(s) of the file smphost.dll with the bit size in addition to file size. Depending on your Operating Platform in addition to bit size either you download latest version and even a appropriate version for your PC.